Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long should I wait before walking on my carpet after I have had it cleaned?
You should try to stay off your carpet until the following day. Furthermore, the cards left under the legs of your furniture should remain until the following day as well.
2. Why don't you use steam cleaning?
The Durotone Company Inc., does use steam cleaning for certain jobs, however, The Durotone Company Inc., feels that our signature method of pH balanced encapsulating foam shampooing with rotary machines and dry cleaning, with encapsulating powders, is a much more effective way to remove all the particulate soil embedded in the fiber of the carpet or rug, which is common in the Northeast.
3. Is carpet and rug cleaning necessary?
Yes. Carpet and Rugs act as a natural filter for all the particulate soil that is in the air, especially in New York City, and traps it in its fibers. Carpet and rug cleaning removes this oil from your carpet, thus even if your carpet does not appear to be much cleaner, The Durotone Company Inc., can assure you that it is hygienically clean.
4. Do I need to vacuum my carpet?
Yes. Ideally, Carpet and Rugs should be vacuumed twice a week, but should not be vacuumed less than once a week.
5. Do you provide free estimate?
Yes. We will send a tech to your residence free of charge to inspect and provide a quote.
6. What type of padding would you recommend for my rug?
We will recommend based on the type of rug and place of use.
7. How long will my rug be out of the home?
Area rug cleaning takes 2 to 3 weeks.
8. Do you charge for pick up and delivery?
Yes. There is an additional trucking fee and will be quoted based on location.