A guaranteed Carpet
mothproofing Solution? Buy Synthetic!
|Of course buying
synthetic wall-to-wall carpet is one way
to reduce the likelihood of clothes moths
/ carpet beetle infestation. But, what can
be done to protect your fine wool-woven
heirlooms, priceless area rugs and
Durotone's Mothproofing Service
- Technician performs full-house moth /
beetle infestation audit
- Thorough vacuuming wall-to-wall carpet
surface & both sides of area rug
- Applies repellant to identified
infestation areas of rooms
- Applies carpet-friendly moth repellant
to entire carpet and rug surface.
Mothproofing Basics for Oriental & Other Wool
- Be diligent in removing animal hair,
food stains and body oils that attract
- Routinely vacuum to remove the
insect's egg deposits
- Brushing (outdoors) and exposure to
sunlight assists in reducing the larvae
- Be sure to turn area rugs over to
vacuum bottom side, top-side cleaning
About Moth Infestation & Recognizing If It's
- Absence of adults moths means nothing,
it's the larvae that do the damage
- Carpet beetles are often mistake to be
harmless "lady bugs"
- Areas close to wall or under furniture
is where they live and damage detected
- There is no "season" eggs hatch
year-round and in areas with low-traffic
- Small damage holes accompanied by
silken cases or threads and fecal pellets.
Copyright ( C ) DUROTONE. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.